Many people have heard of white gold, it’s usually found in either 14k or 18k, and there is a good chance that you have heard of platinum. But what about palladium? Palladium rings are quickly becoming popular for a number of reasons. Mainly, though, palladium is being used for its affordability, its durability and its sheen. Here are some reasons why palladium rings are on the rise.
- Palladium is durable. One of the reasons why palladium is so popular and on the rise is because it is extremely durable. You can bend it, shape it, twist it and there is a good chance that it has an amazing ability to retain its original form. For this reason, your ring will hold on to a stone or diamond for longer. In fact, palladium is 12% harder than platinum, which makes it an excellent metal for heirloom jewelry pieces.
- Palladium doesn’t tarnish. Indeed, it doesn’t contain the same metals as silver that cause unsightly tarnishing. Plus, white gold needs to go through a process that involves a rhodium plating that has to be refinished every few years – or else the metal will return to its original yellow gold color. If you want a beautiful metal that will always retain its amazing sheen and brilliance, you may want to think about palladium.
- Palladium is easy to customize because it is stronger than other metals, it can be shaped into more styles, which offers better customization. If you are the kind of person that has a very exact vision for what you want a certain piece of jewelry to look like, you may want to think about going with palladium, because there may be more versatility.
- Palladium has a lot of options. Because of all the aforementioned reasons, there is a good chance that you will be able to find the exact palladium ring that you are looking for. More and more jewelry makers are using palladium for all of its amazing qualities, so there are more and more options. When you are looking for an engagement ring, options are hugely important.
- Palladium is more affordable. One of the biggest reasons why palladium is on the rise is because of its affordability. It’s shinier than platinum, yet it is more affordable than platinum. Once upon a time it was more expensive, but as popularity for the precious metal has skyrocketed, the price has dropped significantly. In the end, if you want a gorgeous, affordable metal, palladium is certainly the way to go.