Even if you are ready to pop the question and ask for your partner’s hand in marriage, there is a good chance that you are still nervous. And even if you’ve been with the person for several years, it can still be as nerve-wracking as when you asked your partner to go on a date for the first time. However, if you want to assuage some of your nervousness, it is important to be completely prepared. If you aren’t prepared, you may be a little shaky and uncertain when you get down on one knee. Here are some essential tips for planning a marriage proposal.
- Have a time and place and nail down a reservation. It is critical that you have a restaurant or some other romantic location picked out. You should also pick a very specific time. It is important to plan everything to the minute. If you are heading to a restaurant, you should have a reservation and time everything down from being seated, to ordering drinks, to the moment you’ve chosen to clear your throat and dive right in.
- Don’t forget to bring flowers – a proposal should be romantic. Even if you have been with your partner for a long time, you don’t want to forget about the romance. Sure, you may be well past the courting stage, but it is important to make the night memorable and romantic. Before you head out for the night, you want to drop by your local flower shop and purchase a big bouquet. Of course, it’s a big night, so you want a big bouquet. The flowers should be nicely placed in attractive plastic and a bow.
- Start researching and buy your diamond ring well in advance. Purchasing the diamond ring is often the most expensive and stressful process of planning a marriage proposal. However, this is why you want to find a great diamond broker or you want to find a diamond ring retailer that offers great details and a great selection. It is important to purchase the ring in advance, because you want to make sure you have the money and you want to make sure the ring is in stock. Plus, it may take you a while to find out what her ring size is.
- Don’t be too obvious – you don’t want to give anything away. When you are planning a marriage proposal, it can be easy to give things away. In a previous post, we explored some of the signs that your partner is going to pop the question. You would be surprised to find out how easy it is to give yourself away. This is why you want to make sure there are no calls to the house, no texts and you don’t want anything mailed to the house. You want to get rid of all evidence.
- Have a great plan so that it feels like a surprise. It is also important to have a grand plan. If you really want to make the night feel special, you want to have dinner plans, after dinner plans, and more. In the end, your partner will be recounting stories from this night for a long time to come, so you better make it a good one.